- Practice Areas
- Practice Areas
Paternal Kidnapping in Orland Park, IL
Has your child been taken from Illinois by the other parent without your permission? Do you have concerns that it could happen? If so, reach out to an attorney who is experienced in parental kidnapping and child abduction cases in Illinois.
Orland Park parental kidnapping attorney Roland P. Ernst is ready to be your advocate. He has practiced family law since 1983, and during his career he has helped parents secure the safe return of their children. He will seek assistance in searching for your child and do everything possible to enforce court orders to have the child returned. Parental kidnapping cannot be tolerated, and Roland Ernst will work to ensure that no family remains torn apart by this selfish act.
Please do not hesitate to Contact us for help if you fear parental kidnapping.
We Thoroughly Understand the Law on Parental Kidnapping and Child Abduction
As an experienced Chicago area child custody lawyer, Mr. Ernst serves Illinois parents who have had their child or children taken away to other states and to other nations. He has experience handling cases under the laws applying to parental kidnapping, which include:
- Parental Kidnapping Prevention Act (PKPA): This act is designed to prevent a parent from removing a child from Illinois and then initiating child custody proceedings in the new state. It requires that other states give full faith and credit to custody determinations previously made in Illinois.
- Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA): This law is designed to prevent child custody proceedings from taking place simultaneously in two different states. It details the jurisdiction of Illinois courts when a child or parent is in another state at the time a child custody action begins, and covers situations where an Illinois court must deal with a custody decree issued by another state.
- Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction: This is an international agreement that requires the return of a child to his or her home country when the child was taken to another nation by a parent or third party.
Whether referred to as parental kidnapping, child abduction or wrongful retention, the taking of a child without your consent is one of the most frightening things a parent can face. At a time like this, you can rely on attorney Roland P. Ernst to guide you and to do everything possible to reunite you and your child under the terms of your child custody agreement.
*Please consult an attorney for advice about your individual situation. This site and its information is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be. Feel free to get in touch by electronic mail, letters, or phone calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Until an attorney-client relationship is established, please withhold from sending any confidential information to us.
Roland Ernst is an outstanding divorce attorney!!! Its a difficult time in one's life, your worried about your kids, your life ahead, etc.. He was a calming influence through it all. In my divorce, his advice save me so many times that I can't count them. He knows the law! His knowledge and guidance were key for me in "not rocking the boat" and getting through the whole messy process. You will be truly blessed when you retain Roland to represent you in court. There is no one better to have by your side when your in front of the judge.
Excellent, Professional and Knowledgeable and Personable
Roland was extremely professional and proved to be a reliable source of strength when going through a divorce. I stated that I wanted things to be handled fairly from the beginning and unfortunately the other side does not always play by the same rules. In the end, fairness prevailed and in large part due to Roland's guidance. Not enough good things can be said about Roland as he helped me through this difficult transition!
Roland will get the job done!
If you are looking for a divorce attorney I'm so sorry you are facing such a difficult situation however, if you hire Roland he will help make it as painless as possible. Roland returned my calls the same day, he prepared the documents exactly the way he said he would and his billing never surprised me.
Roland handled my case amazingly. I was close to giving in as emotionally, it was taxing. Roland explained to me why I was going through the process and assisting me in the right direction. He cares but is tough when needs to be. Thank you Roland for everything.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association,